Saturday, December 28, 2013

'Breaking Bad' star RJ Mitte plans music career

From Star Pulse:

'Breaking Bad' star RJ Mitte wants to start a music career.

The 21-year-old actor - who played the character of lead actor Bryan Cranston's son, Walter Jr., in the recently concluded hit TV series - has aspirations to record some of his own songs and has been brushing up on his instrumental skills.

RJ - who has cerebral palsy - told BANG Showbiz: "I'm working on it right now, I'm learning guitar, I'm learning piano.

"I have a little bit of an issue, I have one good hand, the other hand is a little stiff and rigid, but I'm getting control over it.

"I love music, at one point I had close to half a million songs on a hard drive. My house is constantly being filled with music, every music, vinyl, everything. It's really brilliant."

Although RJ suffers from cerebral palsy (CP) - a condition which normally occurs before or during birth for a number of reasons, usually due to a lack of oxygen to the brain - through "tons of yoga" and exercise, he has the condition under control, and had to accentuate its characteristics for the series.

RJ - also known as Roy Frank Mitte - has previously said: "It took a little bit of convincing [to get the part], as at first Vince [Gilligan, show creator] thought I was actually too able-bodied.

"I can't tell you the last time I've gone to a doctor for my CP. I have it under control for the most part."